What a good year for reading! I have read a multitude of books culled from my shelves, but I also fit in a few new ones. I have divided the list into two categories, "New Books" and "Classics," for the sake of sanity. And I have gone slightly off the beaten track, so I hope some of these titles are new to you. Click on the links to read my reviews.
Enjoy the list! Happy reading!
MY FAVORITE NEW BOOKS OF 2021
1. NEW NOVEL: The Golden Rule by Amanda Craig
2. NEW NOVEL IN TRANSLATION: The Frightened Ones by Dima Wannous
3. NEW SCIENCE FICTION: Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro
4. NEW SHORT STORY COLLECTION: Pleasure Palace: New and Selected Stories by Marian Thurm
MY FAVORITE CLASSICS
5. REISSUED CLASSIC: The Lifeline by Hugo Charteris
6. CLASSIC SCIENCE FANTASY. The Book of the New Sun quartet by Gene Wolfe (The Shadow of the Torturer, The Claw of the Conciliator, The Sword of the Lictor, and The Citadel of the Autarch)
7. CLASSIC GOTHIC NOVEL: The Rose and the Key by J. Sheridan Le Fanu
8. CLASSIC MEMOIR: My Apprenticeships by Colette
9. CLASSIC MYSTERY: A Dram of Poison by Charlotte Armstrong
10. CLASSICAL HISTORY & LETTERS: Cicero's Letters to Friends (Epistulae ad Familiares).
What are your favorites of the year??? Happy List-Making!
While you're here, remember to subscribe to Thornfield Hall Redux by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org